Saturday 2 June 2012

Perfect 10


Can you list your 10 favourite songs? 


How do you choose? Is it like a mother selecting her favourite child? Ok so perhaps not as extreme. But the decision and tension as you compile your own list could prove to be mind blowing. I am having to compile a list for Our forthcoming wedding. To make it equal we are picking ten songs each. Although my future husband says he will vet mine and remove any considered crap. Thankfully it is me that is emailing the DJ. This is not the wedding list it just got me thinking of my favourite songs of which there are many. So for the moment I am going to reveal 5 of my 10. 


Well I don't want to give it all away do I? 


Here is how i derived my list. 1. List my favourite bands.
                                         2. Poignant Songs
                                    3. Everlasting Tunes (I could play on repeat forever)
                                      




So being born in 1983 meant that my birth into music  was at a time when electro pop was beginning and New Romance was at an end. Number one on the day i was born is a song I actually like. The tone of Ali Campbell's voice is different and instantly recognisable. So number 1 on the list is: 


1. "Red Red Wine" by UB40.




As I have written in previous posts. I was a sucker for pop music from the age of 6. So therefore at least one of my songs has to be from the era where my walls were clodded with posters of boy bands. Picking one may be a problem. Boyzone, Take That, East 17, 911, Let Loose and Westlife. There were many, so friends don't hate me. They weren't even my most loved band, It wasn't a massive single but i like the tune.


2."When You're Looking Like That" by Westlife.


My third choice goes on every playlist I compile. I sing it to my son every night before he goes to sleep. He affectionately calls it "Forks". It's by one of my ultimate favourite bands of all time.


3. "Time of Your Life" (Good Riddance) by Green Day.


You bored yet? I am nearly done. Two more to go. 


With that number four is from an album that I adore and never tire of. This tune gets me to me feet as soon as the opening bar strikes. The lyrics in this song are great, fun and meaningful. A perfect tune. So from their Third studio album I give you. 


4. "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" By Fall Out Boy.




Number 5 and my last instalment to the short list. It is a song that some might find weird but hey it's my list. So hold on to your hats. The end is nigh. 


5. "Video Killed the Radio Star" By The Buggles.


Now off you jump to you tube to see what they sound like and judge. You might start to think what your own top songs may be.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment